This is a virtual role, the Sr. Director for Strategy and Organizational Development directs and oversees an organization’s strategic and long-range goal planning function. Drives strategic initiatives and supports the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals. Sr. Director tracks emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competition, and new sources of capital. Develops and retains relationships with members of the journalism/media ecosystem, national non-profits, and fellow Latino associations. Sr. Director will utilize data and reporting tools to track and compile performance metrics, process improvements, and to communicate the status of strategic plan and outcomes. Conduct a periodic status reviews of organizational goals and objectives to identify roadblocks and support leadership on operational, policy, budget, and managerial matters. Ideally, the candidate will be a hands-on, seasoned entrepreneur with experience managing and implementing five-year strategic plans. This newly created position reports directly to the National Executive Director and offers a unique opportunity for a proven leader to create lasting impact while working in a flexible, virtual work environment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Strategy and Execution Leadership
- Use a systems thinking approach to lead development of action and resource allocation plans to
advance the strategic goals set out by the national board of directors.
- Strengthen data, evaluation, and accountability systems to build a culture of results-based leadership
- Lead day-to-day development and execution of the association’s strategic direction, ensuring evidence, data and member focused program design and implementation
- Develop and inspire a diverse team, maximizing individual talents in support of the national strategic plan.
- Lead the year-round incorporation of the strategic plan and goals into all programs and events, creation of program plans, coach staff and teams toward successful outcomes.
- Foster teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and accountability
- Hands-on strategic thinker, planner, problem solver – a “doer” with proven experience driving systems change
- Broad experience with analytics, strategic planning, project management, and communications.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in for-profit, or non-profit
- A natural partner who can inspire and motivate others to be courageous and bold
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, and strengthen collaboration
- An adept systems thinker, able to achieve quick wins while keeping the end game in mind
- A hands-on team player who takes pride in team accomplishments and is flexible to fill any gaps needed to achieve organizational goals
- Visible passion for breaking new ground to lead social change
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com