The Programs & Events Coordinator is responsible for fulfilling some of the key elements which enable the success of the mission and goals of the Association. Key responsibilities include planning and implementation of the various educational programs of the Association as well as the management and coordination of networking and business development events. Additionally, work side by side with the Membership & Engagement Coordinator with planning, coordinating and executing events for the membership of the Association.
Job Duties include:
- Support the strategy for educational programs & networking events
- Create the annual calendar of Programs and Events and execute accordingly
- Help design content and educational curriculum
- Seek and retain partnerships with academic institutions
- Build a network of qualified instructors, panelists, and credible speakers
- Organized all logistics, find and secure venues, crate agendas, coordinate food, beverage, and entertainment
- Implement a feedback and insights mechanism through surveys and evaluation
- Execute the departments’ marketing comm strategies
- Oversee the execution of the Programs and Events budget
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, AND TRAINING:
Required: Two years of highly relevant event planning experience for both in-person and virtual events. Agile learner. Ability to clearly communicate in writing and speaking in both English and Spanish.
WORK HOURS, TRAVEL, WORK LOCATION:
Work hour flexibility required due to occasional early morning or evening events. This is a full-time position that may vary between full time office and events and partial remote work.
Minimal travel required – Occasional local travel during workdays for off-site events.
This job requires moderate physical effort and lifting when setting up and preparing for events. Due to the requirement to run events with some attendees in-person, this job requires working at the office.
EXPERIENCE: Event coordination for groups of 50-600 for virtual and in-person events. Experience supporting volunteer led projects. Managing multiple deadline sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Marketing experience
- Database experience to work with our membership management system
- Experience with managing a continuing education program
ADDITIONAL SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
Reports To: Executive Director
This is a twelve (12) month full-time position with a start base annual salary of $31,500. The position offers commissions based on volume and attendance goals set by the board of directors for educational programs and business development and networking events.
For consideration, applicants must submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] .
Criminal background checks and fingerprinting are required.
- Project Management
- Education Program Management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org